Update on running your own recursive nameserver

I upgraded my system to Ubuntu 10.10 today and was surprised to find out that bind refused to start.

After a bit of investigation (without internet access because I decided not to fall back on a temporary nameserver), I found out the correct form the configuration file had to take. I still  don’t understand why it worked in the previous version when it now looks like it was erroneous.

Anyway, the updated and functional file can be found at http://nucco.org/files/named.conf.options

On a side note, my system feels a whole lot snappier right now. Yeap, that’s puzzling as well.


Random Quote:
Say something you’ll be sorry for, I love receiving apologies.

Leave a Reply